25 Motivational Reading Quotes For Kids that Encourage and Inspire (Free Printable)
Updated: 18 hours ago
Reading is one of the best ways to impact and expand a child's world. Reading helps children explore their imagination and encourages them to dream big dreams. Reading has the power to change lives.
These quotes about reading can encourage children to get excited about reading. Share them with the little readers in your life! And extend the reading excitement by playing book bingo with our Free Printable Book Bingo - to make reading even more fun!
Reading and Book Quotes for Kids
1. "Let children read whatever they want and then talk about it with them. If parents and kids can talk together, we won’t have as much censorship because we won’t have as much fear." - Judy Blume
2. "Once you learn to read, you will be forever free." - Frederick Douglas
3. "One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world." - Malala Yousafzai
4. “My alma mater was books, a good library … I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity.”– Malcolm X
5. “Everyone is a reader; some just haven’t found their favorite book yet.” – Unknown
6. “Books allowed me to see a world beyond the front porch of my grandmother’s shotgun house…[and] the power to see possibilities beyond what was allowed at the time.” - Oprah Winfrey
7. “Those who don’t read have no advantage over those who can’t.” - Mark Twain
8. "Reading one book is like eating one potato chip." - Diane Duane
9. "The whole world opened up to me when I learned to read.” - Mary McCleod Bethune
10. “Reading is the gateway for children that makes all other learning possible.” - Barack Obama
11. "A book is a gift you can open again and again.” - Garrison Keillor
12. “Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.”― Maya Angelou
13. “Reading a good book is like taking a journey…” – Emma Gulliford
14. “I have challenged myself that I will read thousands of books and I will empower myself with knowledge. Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism.” – Malala Yousafzai
15. “Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.” -Francis Bacon
16. “Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be.” – Unknown
17. “Libraries remind us that truth isn’t about who yells the loudest, but who has the right information.” Barack Obama
18. “I love the printed word and have always appreciated the unique connection between author and reader.”– Oprah Winfrey
19. “Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well.” – Mark Haddon
20. "If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." Toni Morrison
21. “Books train your mind to imagination to think big" – Taylor Swift
“22. At the moment that we persuade a child, any child, to cross that threshold, that magic threshold into a library, we change their lives forever, for the better. It’s an enormous force for good.”– Barack Obama
23. “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” – Margaret Fuller
24. “I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.”– Bill Gates
25. "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney
At Helping Kids Rise, we believe in the life-changing power that books can have on a child’s life. That's why we champion reading and seek out the most engaging and diverse books to share with children. Reading matters. Diverse stories matter. Books can change lives.
Free Reading Quote for Kids Download (right-click image to download)
The stories children read matter. Reading diverse stories opens a child's mind to different people, places, and cultures. It can help build empathy and understanding. We're on a mission to highlight and amplify diverse books. You can find ideas for your next trip to your local library in the Collection of Diverse Books in our Bookshop. Check out our Bookish Blog for ideas too!
Share These Quotes and Inspire a Child
Sharing these quotes could help a child discover a love books and stories and ultimately a love of learning. Print the quotes out, display them in your school, home, or library. You could also choose a few to share along with a bookish gift or gift card. However, you choose to share them, do so with the hope that you're planting a seed to grow a lifetime of learning.
Join our community of BOOK LOVERS on Instagram.