Updated: Feb 3
These children's books celebrate love by showing some of the many ways love can show up in our lives. They're perfect for sharing on Valentine's Day or at any time.
* Love Grows Everywhere by Barry Timms, illus. by Tisha Lee
* Still This Love Goes On by Buffy Sainte-Marie, illus. by Julie Flett
* With Lots of Love by Jenny Torres Sanchez, illus. by André Ceolin
* Love Made Me More by Colleen Rowan Kosinski, illus. by Sonia Sánchez
Dear Mama's Loving Arms is a touching story about the importance of a mother's embrace and the joy it brings to children, told from the witty perspective of a child.
This book is a reminder to all mothers to stop and enjoy the bond we share with our children even when it is most challenging, like those days where all the baby wants is to be held. Despite longing for Dear Mama's embrace, Baby learns to defeat the big, bad daily nap time separation by joining Dear Mama in adventurous safari dreams inspired by Baby's stuffed giraffe pal, Raffie.
* My Baby Loves Valentine's Day by Jabari Asim, illus by. Tara Nicole Whitaker
* Keyana Loves Her Family by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley, illus. by Charnelle Pinkney Barlow
* Like the Moon Loves the Sky by Hena Khan, illus. by Saffa Khan
* Hair Love by Matthew A. Cherry, illus. by Vashti Harrison
From the award-winning author of the Jada Jones chapter books comes an illustrated spinoff series perfect for STEM fans!
Valentine's Day is approaching, and Miles Lewis doesn't really like all the mush that comes with it. He is excited about the candy experiments they're doing in science class, though. And when his teacher asks for adult volunteers to help out, Miles and his friend Jada share that they're both planning on inviting their grandparents. That's when they realize that Miles's Nana and Jada's Pop Pop have a lot in common--could they be a perfect match? (Grades 1-3)
* A Pinch of Love by Barry Timms, illus. by Tisha Lee
* One Love by Bob Marley/Adapted by Cedella Marley, illus. by Vanessa Brantley-Newton
* How We Say I Love You by Nicole Chen, illus. Lenny Wen
* Under the Love Umbrella by Davina Bell, illus. by Allison Colpoys
An alphabet board book inspired by the bestselling HAIR LOVE with new spot illustrations and text from the original award-winning author and illustrator duo--and perfect for baby gift baskets.
A is for Afro, N is for Natural, and W is for Waves. Letter by letter, follow Zuri and her father in their joy-filled journey through the kinks and curls of Black hair.
This 7x7 board book is perfect as a baby gift, for existing fans of HAIR LOVE, young readers embracing their natural hair, and toddlers learning their ABCs! (August 2023)
* Love by Corrinne Averiss, illus. by Kirsti Beautyman
* Love in the Library by Maggie Tokuda-Hall, illus. by Yas Imamura
* Love is Loud: How Diane Nash Led the Civil Right Movement by Sandra Neil Wallace, illus. by Bryan Collier
Join our community of BOOK LOVERS on Instagram.