January Reading Challenge for Kids: A Fun Way to Discover New Diverse Children's Books
Updated: 5 days ago
Encourage children to read and make it fun with this free diverse Book Bingo printable. Grab a book because it’s time for Book Bingo!
If you know someone who loves to read, they’re going to love this fun Book Bingo game. And if you know someone who doesn’t love to read, this free Book Bingo game can help make reading fun.
Not only is this Book Bingo tons of fun and free, it's also full of great prompts to help little readers diversify their reading. Reading diverse children's books can introduce children to worlds outside of their own and can also foster a spirit of empathy, kindness, and acceptance.
So, head to your local library, favorite bookshop, or grab an audiobook for some of the best diverse children's books like A Boy and His Mirror and Lift Every Voice and Change then you're all set to start reading! And if you need a little help finding books to fill the spaces, check out these posts for some fun ideas:
A few tips for using this Book Bingo printable
1. Help little readers set a reading/game completion goal.
2. Visit the library or browse online catalogs often so that books are available when kids are ready to read.
3. Read, read, read. The more kids read, the more reward they get from filling their charts.
4. If you choose to, you could give prizes. You could give a small prize for getting BINGO (5 across or 5 down) and an extra special prize for filling in the entire card. It's completely up to you.
5. However you choose to use this printable, remember to celebrate your little reader!
Here are some of the themes that are celebrated in this month's book bingo game:
Dr Martin Luther King, Jr Day
Lunar New Year
New Year's Day
The Emancipation Proclamation
Michelle Obama's Birthday
Coretta Scott King
Which days/themes are you celebrating this month? Try to find a book that coincides with it.
DOWNLOAD THE PRINTABLE BY JOINING OUR DIVERSE BOOKS FACEBOOK GROUP (CLICK BELOW)
NO FACEBOOK ACCOUNT?
Click the button below to subscribe to our newsletter and get the download immediately!
Join our community of BOOK LOVERS on Instagram.