Updated: Jan 11
During summer break, students lose some of what they've learned during the school year. It's called the #SummerSlide. An easy way to prevent summer slide is to make learning a regular part of your summer plans. These math websites for kids can make summer learning fun. Check them out and spread the word!
1. Math Playground - https://www.mathplayground.com/
2. PBS Math Games - https://pbskids.org/games/math/
3. Hooda Math - http://www.hoodamath.com/
7. FunBrain - https://www.funbrain.com/math-zone
8. Starfall - http://starfall.com
9. Cool Math Games - https://www.coolmathgames.com/
10. ABCya! - http://abcya.com
Meet Raye Montague--the hidden mastermind who made waves in the U.S. Navy!
After touring a German submarine in the early 1940s, young Raye set her sights on becoming an engineer. Little did she know sexism and racial inequality would challenge that dream every step of the way, even keeping her greatest career accomplishment a secret for decades. Through it all, the gifted mathematician persisted--finally gaining her well-deserved title in history: a pioneer who changed the course of ship design forever.
The Girl With a Mind for Math: The Story of Raye Montague is the third book in a riveting educational series about the inspiring lives of amazing scientists. In addition to the illustrated rhyming tale, you'll find a complete biography, fun facts, a colorful timeline of events, and even a note from Montague herself!