Official Sweepstakes/Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN SWEEPSTAKES/GIVEAWAYS FROM HELPING KIDS RISE.
ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
1. Eligibility. Sweepstakes/Giveaways are open to US readers with valid shipping addresses ONLY, unless otherwise stated. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older upon date of entry into giveaway/sweepstakes.
2. How to Enter. Entry is typically made via a Email form and typically includes leaving a comment(s) on the sweepstakes/giveaway post. You may obtain additional entries on a particular sweepstakes/giveaway through other channels where applicable and prompted (i.e., by performing an action such as mentioning on Twitter, or blogging about the sweepstakes/giveaway).
3. Disclaimer. Helping Kids Rise will not be responsible for: (a) any late or lost entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures; any giveaway disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Helping Kids Rise or by unauthorized human intervention; or (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the sweepstakes/giveaway.
4. Entry Deadline Date. All entries for sweepstakes/giveaways through this site must be received on or before the given “Entry Deadline Date” to be eligible to win a prize.
6. Winner Selection. A number will be assigned to your entry upon receipt. A winning number will be generated shortly after the Entry Deadline Date. If your Prize Number matches the Winning Number, and you meet the eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Official sweepstakes/Giveaway Rules, you win the prize.
7. Winner Notification. You will be notified within two (2) days after the Winner's Announcement has been posted if you win the prize.
8. Claiming Your Prize. Winner must respond within two (2) days (48 hours) of receipt of notification or forfeit the prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected.
9. Taxes. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
10. Prize Substitution. Winner may not substitute the prize for any other prize or for cash, however, Helping Kids Rise or the sponsoring company may substitute the prize for any other prize of equal or greater value, in its reasonable discretion, in the event the prize is not available for any reason outside of sponsor’s reasonable control.
11. Publicity. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name and prize information for promotional purposes in any medium, except where prohibited by law, without further payment or other consideration.
12. Errors and Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of any entry, the person whose name appears on the entry form associated with the prize number for the winning entry will be deemed to be the winner. It is your responsibility to control access to your email account. In the unlikely event that the winning prize number is duplicated, or a similar error occurs, Helping Kids Rise may conduct a random drawing among such inadvertently duplicated numbers or apply another equitable remedy in its discretion to determine the winner. Decisions made by Helping Kids Rise are final. By entering the sweepstakes/giveaway, you agree to be bound by the decisions of Helping Kids Rise and these official rules. You and your entries may be disqualified if you attempt to circumvent these official rules.
13. Technical Problems. The sweepstakes/giveaway may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in the opinion of Helping Kids Rise any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond its control impairs the integrity of the sweepstakes/giveaway.
14. General Release. By entering any sweepstakes/giveaway through this website, you release Helping Kids Rise from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, misdelivery or acceptance of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.